Microwaves make life helluva easy, especially if you believe in eating left-over food. But if you’re just using it to reheat your food, you’re missing out on a lot. Besides using it as a convection tool, a microwave can help in things you have never even imagined. Have a look:
1. A microwave isn’t just for heating leftovers, rather, you can cook food from scratch. But make sure you have the right recipe. You can bake a cake, make a chicken dish, dhokla, cookies.
2. To avoid tearing up while chopping onion, microwave it for 30 seconds after cutting the ends.
3. Removing cloves from its skin is too much work. No? But if you heat the garlic in the microwave for about 20 seconds, it will slide right out their.
4. You can even remove the stamp from letters. You just need to splash a few drops of water and put it in the microwave for few seconds.
5. To get the maximum juice out of a lemonade, put lemon in the microwave until the skin feels warm.
6. Hate the smell of chopped meat on a cutting board? You can easily sterilize it. All you need to do is just wet the board, soap it on top and microwave it for a few seconds.
7. You can even use your microwave to make some crispy potato chips. Chop potatoes into thin slices and put them in the microwave for three minutes on each side.
8. Microwave sugar, corn syrup, water, and lemon juice together for good five to eight minutes, then cool it, whisk in butter and you will get caramel sauce.
9. Not only these, microwave can also help you to get a makeshift heating pad. All you have to do is just fill a sock with uncooked rice and heat it for a few seconds.
10. Wondering how to revive stale bread? Wrap the bread in a damp paper towel and microwave it for 10 seconds. Your bread will get soften soon.