It has never been out of style. Ever since its entry into the market back in the 1870s, jeans has undergone many transformations. Once available just as a simple ‘blue denim’, now they are available in different colours, cuts, and styles. It won’t be wrong to say that it’s everyone’s go-to choice of outfit. Don’t have anything to wear but don’t want to look effortlessly stylish? Put on the sexiest pair of jeans and you are sorted for the day. They are comfortable, durable, stylish and pretty cool. It’s wise to invest in a good pair of jeans because they usually go a long way. But as much as we would want it to be cheaper, even the poorest quality of a good, branded pair of denim may cost us around Rs. 800 and it is only uphill from there. And since there’s nowhere to go but onward and upward, check out some of the most expensive pairs of jeans that are available in the market.
11. 7 for all mankind ($248/Rs. 15,800): The brand, started by Peter Koral, Jerome Dahan, and Michael, this was the first to introduce high-end denim jeans in the market. The brand instantly gained popularity for its quality, material and innovative design. Even today it’s one of the costliest jeans brands in the world. A single pair of jeans can cost you a minimum of Rs. 15, 800.
10. Earnest Sewn Custom Fit ( $1,000/Rs. 63,000): This brand appears on this list for its popularity and quality. If you want a custom designed jeans for yourself, you can totally buy this brand. It will only cost you Rs. 63,000. The brand provides freedom to customers to design their own pair but the final adjustments and additions are made by the designers to make it more attractive.
9. Roberto Cavalli ($1199/Rs. 76,370): All the faithful fans of the series Sex and City would be acquainted with this brand worn by Sarah Jessica Parker several times in the show. The specialty of Roberto Cavalli jeans is that they have jeweled embellishments and intrinsic work which makes it unique among the other brands. You can wear this Italian brand and strut down the road only if you are prepared to spend Rs. 76,37o, you can wear this Italian brand and strut down the road.
8. Dolce & Gabbana ($ 1200/Rs. 76,370): Even if you are not a fashion friend, you would still know about this brand. With their unique and eye-popping designs, D&G has made a position for itself on the most expensive jeans brand list. Designer Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana’s faded jeans and butterfly design are unmatchable. The jeans would cost you a mint. The minimum price of the brands’ jeans is Rs. 5,100 and continues to Rs. 76,370.
7. Balmain – ($2,030/Rs. 1.29 lakh): The French fashion brand houses founded by Pierre Balmain. These jeans are priced on the higher side for their sleek design, fit and detailing. It is quite in demand and a lot of celebrities like Gigi Hadid, Kate Moss, Fergie etc. have been spotted in Balmian. Balmain is available in India at a price of Rs. 1.39 lakh.
ALSO READ:10 most expensive Indian celebrity bikes
6. Gucci ($3,100/Rs. 1.97 lakh) – Gucci is considered as the most stylish brand by a lot of stylists around the globe. If you are ready to shell out an amount of Rs 1.97 lakh, you can own a pair of Gucci denim and define luxury in a rugged demeanour.
5. APO Jeans ($4,000/Rs. 2.54 lakh): Congratulations! You enter income tax bracket with this jeans. Rs. 2.5 lakh, which could be the half-yearly income of an average Indian is how much you will be shelling out for this designer, silk pocketed jeans accentuated with silver, gold, platinum and exquisite gemstone. The attributes of the Alpha Phi Omega (APO) jeans speak for its cost.
4. Escada ($10,000/Rs. 6.36 lakh): Rs. 6.36 lakhs, Yikes! Founded by Megha Mittal it is a leading jeans brand for women. Its popularity resides in its unique colour pattern, luxurious embroidery and finest of fabrics used to create the customised jeans for elite class women who are particular about their fittings of the jeans.
3. Levi Strauss & Co. 501 ($60,000/Rs. 38.18 lakh): There is hardly anyone who does not know this brand. It is a favourite America brand known for its vintage style with modernised prints and attributes. With a price tag of Rs. 38 lakh it takes the third place on this list.
2. Dussault Apparel Thrashed Denim ($250,000/Rs. 1.5 crore): Now, if you don’t like the torn jeans with skulls and chain attributes, that’s your call. But this jeans has garnered a second position in this list for its popularity and use of precious jewels. This is a handmade classic that is washed and dyed thirteen times to get the perfect taut look before it is stitched. It has a price tag of whopping Rs. 1.5 crore that can empty a lot of pockets.
1. Secret Circus ($1.3Million/Rs. 8.2 crore): Last but definitely not the least. Priced at Rs. 8.2 crore, Secret Circus takes the top position in the list. Its classic design riveted with diamonds makes it the most expensive jeans brand in the world. Its exclusivity lies in its unmatched craftsmanship and the unique pattern of diamonds around the pockets. The brand imitates wealth and luxury. Maybe just too much of wealth and luxury.
For interesting entertainment and lifestyle videos from InUth, follow us on Youtube.com/InUthdotcom