If there’s one thing that can make you look classy and glammed up, just like a fiery red lipstick, it is a smokey eye. From a dark, sexy look to subtle and chic, the dramatic eyeliner and eye shadow can be as versatile as you want it to be.
To help you ace this gorgeous eye makeup, here are three essential tips you could follow.
#1: The art of blending the blackest black
When you are trying the black smokey eye, you may be unsure about how much black is too much. This tutorial will guide you through the thin line between looking overpowering and being sassy.
What to do:
- Use the eye shadow as a base. Clean the eyebrow line with primer and concealer before following it up with a matte bronzer. Create a line near the crease (almost like cutting the crease). Use another eye show (lighter than the rust bronzer). Blend it well.
- The trick here is to fill the lid towards the end. This ensures that the black last long.
- When using the black eye shadow to fill the lid, keep the brush as low as possible. Cover the outer part first and blend it well before you use more black eye shadow.
- Sometimes, you have to use the base eye shadow again to clean the eyebrow line part a bit.
- When covering the lid, use a black gel liner first and apply it over the lid using a brush. Work it closely near your eye lashes.
- Slowly move towards the upper part and blend it with with the eye shadow.
- To finish up, use a black pencil liner and run it along your waterline.
Tip #2: This is what you should do when you have no brushes and liquid eyeliner
When trying the smokey eye, we know how important brushes are. But that doesn’t mean you don’t try it out.
What to do:
- First and foremost, get your face compact ready.
- Now apply a thick line of kajal on your upper eye lid.
- Using your fingertips, softly smudge the thick line.
- Intensify the lash line once again with the kajal.
- Now use the kajal and apply it on your lower lash line.
- Make a soft smudge using your fingers. Now fill in the lower water line.
Tip #3: The right way to do the cat smokey eye
When you are ready to go out and want a gold glam smokey eye, follow these tips.
What to do:
- Get your face foundation ready. Use a concealer to even out the tone under your eyes.
- Use a black eye liner and outline your eyes on the eye lid.
- Use a brush to blend the black eye liner.
- Apply golden eye shadow in the middle of the eye lid. Apply eye liner and mascara to finish it off.
- (OPTIONAL) If you want, you can apply golden glitter on the eye shadow.
And if you happen to be an amateur and know practically nothing about smokey eye, just click on this tutorial.