A day after United States President, Donald Trump signed an executive order to build a wall across the US-Mexico border, he signed another order on January 28 to keep the “radical Islamists” out of the US.
The order prevents people from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen from entering the country for 30 days.
“I’m establishing new vetting measures to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America. We don’t want them here,” he said while signing the order. “We want to ensure that we are not admitting into our country the very threats our soldiers are fighting overseas. We only want to admit those into our country who will support our country and love deeply our people,” he added.
He further asserted that the country “will never forget the lessons of 9/11 nor the heroes who lost at the Pentagon,” and will honour them not only with our words, but with our actions adding that the steps that were taken by previously after the 9/11 attacks did not stop the terrorists to enter the United States.
“Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the US after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the US refugee resettlement program,” the order said.
Trump affirmed that those entering the country should not have hostile attitudes towards the country. He clearly stated that those who engage in activities including “honour” killings and have a violent approach to women should not be let into the country.