The year 2017 has been full of experiments across genres thanks to web series and the trend of binge-watching that comes with it. So if you weren’t too hooked up to the latest episode of Sasural Simar Ka, or the controversial and now off-air Pehredaar Piya ki or the absurd tasks that shows like Fear Factor and Splitsvilla would have people do on national television, then here is a list of Indian web series that managed to strike a chord with the millennials that you should be binging on right about now:
1. Tripling: This web series shows a complex sibling bond that is interwoven with a trip. The 3 siblings are juggling with their own lives when a trip brings them together and despite their differences, they are forced to spend time with each other. This series will make you nostalgic and remind you of the little pleasures of annoying your sibling.
2. Little Things: Everyone considering a live-in relationship should watch this before moving in with their significant other. Forget the cliches that the modern dating world is surrounded with, this web series is full of the everyday little things that make a relationship work.
3. Inside Edge: A show about fictional cricket league in India and the dirty politics that goes into the fixing of the games. The show looks at the roots of why and how match fixing takes place in the country and is totally an addictive watch.
4. Humorously Yours: The story of an average stand-up comic who is trying to make it big in the industry is one helluva of a ride. Vipul Goyal juggles the pressures of performing at big events without getting noticed, struggles to grab eyeballs in a world of PR-induced comedy and fights writer’s block with his wife for support. This show will tickle your funny bone and make you root for the underdog, Vipul.
5. The Aam Aadmi Family: How middle-class are you? This web series is a cocktail of generations who come together to show the nitty-gritty of everyday life. This is one show that has relatable characters who have hilariously relatable stories to share.
6. Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai Take 2: The much-awaited comeback of the hit show, this one is highly recommended for every 90s kid who grew up watching the Sarabhais on TV. From the constant tug of war between the modern day saas-bahu to the friendly banter between a father and son, this one is full of punny jokes.
7. The Trip: Four girls set out on a bachelorette road trip from Delhi to Thailand. Each of them has been struggling in her personal life, fighting her own battle and the trip not only helps the girls admit their shortcomings and fight their demons together. This one is going to make you reminisce the memories you made with your childhood gang of friends.
8. Baked: Three students from the Delhi University decide to open up a food delivery service, what happens next is a mix of mirth and chaos. This one is a complete entertainer, full of all the right vibes from the capital city of Delhi.
9. Official Chukyagiri: A small-town boy moves to Mumbai in search of the right opportunity to make himself shine. Grounded and homely, Spandan Chukya is a classic case of a geek who hasn’t seen the glitzy life in a metro. As Spandan makes his way into a company and rolls out ideas that win him respect, this show is a must watch for every small-town outsider who was bullied and made to realize insecurities that never existed.
Which one of these would you watch next weekend?
For more interesting content, visit YouTube.com/InUthdotcom