It’s the last day of Pujo and Bengalis, with the rest of us, have already started experiencing withdrawal and ‘mon-kharap’ symptoms. So to cheer up all our Bong friends, here’s a Facebook page which perfectly captures the ‘bong-ness’ of Bengalis. We’re sure that not just Bengalis, even you will find these illustrations relatable if you have a close Bong friend. The Bong Sense celebrates the mundane life of the Bengalis in the most quirky way and whoever has closely observed a Bong or lived in West Bengal for some time would totally identify with these hilarious illustrations.
The page has more than 248 K followers and the number is clearly going to increase even more because their drawings are not just spot on, they are a laugh riot! From Pujo special to depicting usual day-to-day activities, we want you to share this happiness and wish you’d also enjoy these amusing illustrations.
In case, you aren’t convinced, have a look:
1. Pujo and dieting don’t go well together
2. Durga Puja is equal to ‘Paet Puja’
3. Girlfriend-Boyfriend problems are the same everywhere. Bong men are no different.
4. Bengali girls are beautiful and intelligent. Agree or not.
5. Traditional Bengali households
6. ‘Bangali Game of Thrones’ be like
7. Food is the love of life
8. Because food love is eternal
9. Extreme food love can lead to unemployment. True story
(Also read: Mouni Roy to Pooja Sharma: 9 gorgeous TV actresses who played goddesses onscreen)
(Also read: Durga Puja special: 7 delicious Bengali sweets you should try this festive season!)
Love their work? Follow them here, The Bong Sense