Evin Lewis was in dormant mode all along the ODI series but it seemed like T20I cricket brings the best out of him. Lewis bashed up Indian bowlers yet again in T20Is like he did in 2016 when India played West Indies in Florida in two-match T20I series. Lewis struck 12 ginormous sixes that were too good for Indian bowlers as they lost their line and length soon after. Lewis spared none as he welcomed Indian bowlers with a maximum putting pressure on them straight away.
Lewis even made Chris Gayle’s absence in the field negligible with his brutal hitting and launching an onslaught on Indian bowlers. Though he got luck on his side as well as Mohammed Shami and Dinesh Karthik dropped his catch.
Here is the list of records Evin Lewis created or equalled with his unbeaten 125 from 62 balls-
1. Lewis became the first batsmen in the history of T20is to hit two centuries against a single opposition.
2. Lewis became the batsman with the highest score in an innings for West Indies by surpassing Chris Gayle’s score of 117.
3. Lewis became the third batsman after Gayle and former New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum to score 2 centuries in T20Is.
4. Lewis became the batsman with the highest score in T20Is while chasing down a target.
5. Lewis also became the batsman with the most number of sixes in an innings against India in T20Is.
With one century, Lewis smashed many records to the ground. Though he was still a long way from the highest T20I score in an innings by a batsman. Lewis is the third in the list which is headed by Australian batsmen Aaron Finch (156) and Glenn Maxwell (145*).
Lewis’ 12 sixes in an innings are also the third most number of sixes in T20Is. This particular list is headed by Finch (14) followed by The Proteas batsman Richard Levi (13).