Shah Rukh Khan has inspired many fantasies of finding one true love and happy-ever-after. Whether it is his on-screen appearance or off-screen stories, he manages to bring those romantic notions to the life. His relationship with wife Gauri Khan has made all of us believe in love, soulmates, and a long loving relationship. It has almost been 26 years since they tied the knot and they are still going strong. In an industry as tumultuous as Bollywood, they have managed to hold onto their love and continue thriving. It is exactly a relationship, we all want in our life. A self-made man who knows how to love his life every second of life. Here are some love and relationship lessons you can learn from their relationship.
1. Do not let it go without a fight: Gauri and Shah Rukh’s love story is a crazy-romantic tale. It is a story straight from the Yash Raj films. There was a time when Gauri left for Mumbai without telling Shah Rukh to give them both a break from the intense relationship they shared. But Shah Rukh did not let the love of his
life go and followed her to Mumbai where the couple reconnected and confessed their love for each other. Thus, teaching us that sometimes love is about letting go and sometimes about holding on and fighting for it.
2. Love knows no boundaries: Shah Rukh admitted to proposing Gauri in most unromantic way. He proposed her while dropping her off and did not even wait for her reply. We all know she said yes but their different religion was there for all the issues. Gauri being Hindu and Shah Rukh being Muslim, caused problems from her side of the family. Her parents were not sold on the idea of their (Shah Rukh and Gauri) marriage, but the couple’s love finally prevailed and they got married in a Hindu ceremony.
3. Trust your Partner: Another lesson to learn from them is to trust each other. In their long relationship, there were several rumours about actor’s alleged link-ups with his leading ladies. But the actor ignored them and Gauri stood by him unperturbed by any such rumors. Their trust in each other is unshakable throughout the two
4. Love is friendship: The actor and his wife enjoy a strong bond of friendship. They are not only husband and wife but each other’s best friends, confidants, and biggest supporters. As per King Khan, love and friendship are important in any relationship.
5. Respect each other: The God of Romance revealed that it is important to respect the other person and their beliefs and dreams in a relationship. While Gauri is a good house wife and mother she also has a good business head and enjoys her endeavors.
6. Communication is the Key: According to Shah Rukh, he and Gauri are open and honest about their thoughts and opinions. They may not always agree on everything but they discuss the issue and manage to come to an understanding.
7. A relationship is a two-way street: Shah Rukh advised that relationships are always a two-way street. It is a give and take relationship where both the partners need to adjust to maintain a healthy working relationship. Shah Rukh and Gauri have managed to do so for both of them have successful careers and also maintain a close relationship with their family.
8.Love is forever: The couple has been in love for a quarter of a century and their love for each other is clearly visible whenever they are spotted together. Their love is of forever kind and is an inspiration for others that time does not diminish love but grows a heart fonder.
Watch their chemistry
Here is another one
For interesting entertainment and lifestyle videos from InUth, follow us on Youtube.com/InUthdotcom