Sabyasachi Mukherjee is one designer who has over the years created a name for himself for ethnic wear. But that isn’t his only niche, in the recent past, he has collaborated with names like Christian Louboutin and Pottery Barn to jewelry brand Forevermark. What sets him apart, is his ability to create outfits with a traditional touch using the regional art and textile techniques, and giving them a royal, modern touch. While it is every girl’s dream to be a Sabyasachi bride, and wear that gorgeous lehenga, the sarees designed by him deserve a bit of love as well.
If you are new to this planet and happen to be wondering why the Kolkata-based designer is known as the ‘king of Indian fashion’, here’s a look at 10 of his sarees that will make you fall in love with his creations even more:
1) This royal blue silk matka saree is hand-embroidered by master craftsmen from West Bengal and is accessorised with stunning uncut diamond earrings from the designer’s jewelry collection.
2) This beautifully embroidered tulle saree with resham and glass beads detailing is a classic combination of traditional and modern look.
3) This bright red Benaras revival saree is from his Heritage collection and reflects the traditional weaving art perfectly.
4) This Kanjeevam saree in ivory gold is from the designer’s Vasanthalaxmi collection, paired with a textured silk blouse and uncut diamond, emerald and pearl jewelry.
5) This beautifully embroidered heritage saree looks royal beyond words and is paired with peacock studs made with uncut diamonds and Zambian emeralds.
6) This exquisite ‘gulkand burgundy’ velvet saree is hand-embroidered using miniature pearls and the finest quality zardosi and marori.
7) A classic ivory saree in velvet and tulle, this pretty masterpiece is hand-embroidered with zardosi and looks stunning.
8) This gorgeous floral print saree with breathtaking embroidery detailing is love at first sight and looks luxuriously royal.
9) This red silk matka saree is simply breathtaking and the elegant gold embroidery is what makes it stand out.
10) It is really difficult to take your eyes off this heavily embroidered saree which is a perfect pick for all the brides-to-be.
Aren’t these beautiful?
For interesting lifestyle videos from InUth, follow us on