Winter season is not at all friendly for your skin. Though you will start keeping your moisturiser handy, this weather and low humidity levels will definitely result in dry air and your skin will become dry too. If you don’t take care of your skin properly, it might lead to cracking and bleeding. And harsh winter wind will make the problem worse. However, moisturiser will certainly help, you need to do more to actually counteract these effects and keep skin looking youthful and smooth. To reduce chapping, redness, itching, and keep skin more healthy and comfortable this season, try these tips.
Megha Shah, cosmetologist at Beauty & Curves Clinic, Surat, has shared some of the skin care tips that can easily be followed during winter season:
- Apply and then reapply the moisturiser as cool breeze may deprive your skin of the essential moisture that keeps it soft. Also, keep in mind that your moisturiser is not too heavy for your skin, else it will make your skin look oily and dark. In this case, ideal moisturiser will be a gel-to-cream base.
- You can use bio oil as they not only contain anti-ageing properties, but also provides nourishment to the skin. Bio oil adds a protective layer to your skin and offers super glow.
- Avoid using hot water to wash face as it takes off the natural oil from the body. Preferably sue lukewarm water as it does not dilate capillaries due to excessive heat.
- For a glowing skin, you can have nutritionally rich diet or food items rich in Omega 3. Avoid starchy and sugary foods as they may cause bloating and acne and prefer nuts and seasonal vegetables as they are great for your skin.
- As your skin is already dry during the winter season, use of excessive exfoliation will wash off all the natural oils from the skin. It can even damage your skin badly causing redness. Use gentle exfoliators like oatmeal and coffee powder, and seal it with a cream.
With inputs from IANS