Days after BSF jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav’s series of videos showing the hardship they face at the border went viral on social media, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Friday came out and said that he will investigate the matter if needed.
“Whoever has any problem, come to me directly,” General Rawat said in his first press conference as Army Chief, adding that there are suggestion and grievance boxes in the Army headquarters and commands that can be used to make such complaints.
“You can post your grievances there, not on social media,” he said, assuring action on any complaints from troops and appealing against using social media to air grievances.
After the BSF jawan’s video, there have been more videos of personnel airing their grievances on pay and conditions.
Tej Bahadur, who claims to be from the 29th battalion of the Border Security Force in Jammu and Kashmir, had in a series of videos said that the government has been doing enough to provide the security forces with essential items, but it is the BSF officials who are indulged in the wrong doings.
Here are the highlights of his media briefing:
- Jise bhi kisi bhi tarah ki shikayat hai woh mujhe directly keh sakta hai: Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on BSF Jawan’s video
- Army HQ & baki commands mai suggestion&grievance box placed hai;Jise bhi shikayat ho woh usmai daal sakta hai, hum address karenge
- While we’ve challenges along our borders,we’ve to be concerned abt proxy war,terror that are affecting secular fabric of our nation
- If a soldier writes to us regarding his greivances penning down his identity; will ensure that his identity is not made public
- If he is unsatisfied with the action taken, he can choose other ways
General Rawat also stressed on the need to counter the “enemy who will try tactics to destroy India’s secular fabric.