Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted the 29th edition of the radio broadcast of “Mann Ki Baat” on February 26. In his latest address, Prime Minister shared his thoughts on a number of issues while urging countrymen to support ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ movement. He also spoke on ISRO’s historic launch of 104 satellites, performances of Divyangs at Rio Olympics and Digital India campaign during his address.
However, PM Modi did not talk about the ongoing Assembly Elections scenario across five states during his radio program address.
Due to the uproar over comments being made by the political parties ahead of assembly elections, the government had to take the permission of the Election Commission to air the episode. The Election Commission has ordered the political parties to not mix religion and elections.
Here are the top 10 takeaways from PM Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’:
- PM Modi said, Winter is on its way out; Vasant, the season of spring has just started to step into our lives.
- After the successful mission of sending Mangalyaan to Mars, India recently created history by becoming the first country to launch successfully 104 satellites into space at one go.
- This cost effective, efficient space program of ISRO has become a marvel for the entire world.
- India has successfully tested Ballistic Interceptor Missile; This is a cutting edge technology in the arena of security.
- A lot of emphasis was laid on Digidhan. People are moving towards digital currency. Digital transactions are rising in India.
- PM Modi urged citizens, especially the youth, to be ambassadors of the digital transaction movement.
- Hard work of farmers has resulted in a record production of more than 2,700 lakh tons food grains.
- Rio Paralympics mei humare Divyang khiladiyon ne jo pradarshan kiya, hum sabsne uska swagat kiya tha.
- ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ movement is moving forward with rapid strides. It has now become a campaign of public education.
- Narendra Modi congratulated women players who won silver at Asian Rugby Sevens Trophy & Indian team for winning Blind T-20 World Cup.