Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today expelled his son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav from the party after he had released a parallel list of poll candidates on December 29. This decision has sent shock waves across the state, as people weren’t expecting such a stern decision for the SP supremo.
Apart from Akhilesh, the SP chief also expelled his cousin and senior SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav over anti-party activities. Though, party high command feels that expelling Akhilesh is the right decision, but the youngsters don’t think so. They are with Akhilesh and here’s why:
- Akhilesh has emerged as one of the strongest brands in the Indian political arena. He has been representing UP on the national as well as the international front.
- He has battled all his critics by demonstrating his zero tolerance towards politicians with corruption or criminal background. He has taken several tough decisions which portray his impeccable leadership qualities, rising above the traditional ways of Indian politics.
- Youngsters in UP want development and employment opportunities rather than the old caste based politics. They can relate to Akhilesh’s agenda of growth and development. His strategy of contesting the polls with emphasis on development strikes a chord of belongingness with the young people of the state.
- He has played a strong role in the IT literacy of the state by distributing free laptops. He has also inspired girl education at the very grass root level.
- Under his leadership, IT infrastructure has paved the way for better employment opportunities for the younger generations within the state itself.
Youngsters look forward to him as the Youth Icon. The kind of significant feats attained by UP CM Akhilesh Yadav at such a young age is inspirational for the coming generations and they see him as an ideal leader as well as a role model.