Dear Mulayam Singh Yadav ji,
Back in 2012, when the voters in Uttar Pradesh (including me) voted for your party, we voted in the belief that things for us youngsters would change in the state as your son Akhilesh Yadav was the CM face.
Mulayam ji, it is very disappointing to see how you have expelled Akhilesh Yadav for six years and have sided with your brother Shivpal who never had a very clean image.
Despite the bad track record of law and order situation in UP under the SP regime, everyone believed in Akhilesh.
We didn’t know that down the line Akhilesh will become so helpless. Ever since he became the CM, he has focused on only two things: Firstly on how he can improve our state and secondly on how he can tackle your ‘beloved’ leaders like Azam Khan, Amar Singh and your brother Shivpal Yadav.
Why are you hell-bent on cutting the ground from under your son’s feet? What is special about Shivpal Yadav that makes you pick him over your own son? Why is Amar Singh much more important than Akhilesh?
Though I am not belittling you, but I would like to tell you a few reasons why only a miracle can help SP win UP:
1. Mulayam Singh Yadav ji, your son has emerged as one of the strongest brands in the Indian political arena, UP is now being represented by him on the national as well as the international front. Whenever we talk about Uttar Pradesh, the first person that comes to our mind is UP CM Akhilesh Yadav.
2. He has battled all his critics by demonstrating his zero tolerance towards politicians with corruption or criminal background. He has taken several tough decisions which portray his impeccable leadership qualities, rising above the traditional ways of Indian politics.
3. Youngsters in UP want development and employment opportunities rather than the old caste based politics. They can relate to Akhilesh’s agenda of growth and development. His strategy of contesting the polls with emphasis on development strikes a chord of belongingness with the young people of the state.
4. He has played a strong role in the IT literacy of the state by distributing free laptops. He has also inspired girl education at the very grass root level.
5. Under his leadership, IT infrastructure has paved the way for better employment opportunities for the younger generations within the state itself.
Due to the above reasons youngsters look forward to him as the Youth Icon. The kind of significant feats attained by UP CM Akhilesh Yadav at such a young age is inspirational for the coming generations and they see him as an ideal leader as well as a role model.
(Courtesy: YouTube/Samachar Plus)
For winning the elections you need young and aspirational voters. Akhilesh’s style appeals more to development than to caste politics and is vital to pull in the youth vote and sections who are not traditional Samajwadi Party voters
By expelling Akhilesh, I am afraid that you have paved way for other political parties to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.