7 things that Mamata Banerjee said on demonetisation at AAP rally and it made sense

Mamata Banerjee threatened to intensify agitation if the Modi government did not roll back the decision.

West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday launched a fiery attack on the Narendra Modi government on demonetisation. Day after leading a protest march to the Rashtrapati Bhawan which also included NDA ally Shiv Sena, the Trinamool Congress chief let loose her verbal volleys against the government. Calling the move akin to imposition of a financial emergency, she received thunderous applause from her supporters at the rally.

Here are seven highlights from the speech which actually makes sense.

  • Earlier, it was Rs 4,500. Now they have reduced the withdrawal limit to Rs 2,000. They want to sell the country and break the constitution.
  • In India, only 4 per cent use plastic money. What about the remaining 96 per cent of India’s population?
  • The Narendra Modi government used to say ‘acche din aayenge’. Where is acche din? The poor are crying.
  • This is not an ego fight, but a fight to save the poor from dying.
  • If the vegetable mandi is shut, what will the people eat? Diamonds or ATM cards?
  • If the demonetisation is not taken back in the next three days, we will intensify our agitation.
  • Such a crisis was not even seen during Emergency.This decision may take India 100 years back.

On Wednesday, Mamata along with other opposition leaders had marched to the Rashtrapati Bhawan and submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee against demonetisation.