External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Thursday assured Indians that Central government is in talks with the United States administration to ensure that Indians living are not at loss due to new H1B visa policy.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, Swaraj said, “We are in talks with US admin and Congressmen. No one has lost job till now, no policy has been announced till now.”
On Thursday as well, Sushma had said that there was no reason to worry about the curbs on H1B visas. “Currently there are four bills in the US Congress about curbs on H1B visas. We are engaged (in a dialogue) with the US at very high level regarding this… We are making all efforts (through diplomatic channels) ..
She had said that the even before Trump became the President, there had been a “flip-flop” in the H1B visa policy by the US. She even added that India will once again raise the issue of totalisation once “the jobs of Indian IT professionals are ensured to be secure”.
Speaking on illegal migrants, Sushma had said that the US authorities have given a list of 271 persons who they have identified for deportation. “We have asked for more details about these 271 persons. Once we check their antecedents and find they are actually Indian citizens, we’ll provide them travel documents back to India so that they are not put behind bars by US authorities,” she said.