IIM Lucknow, one of the most prestigious management institutes of India, is likely to release the official notification of Common Admission Test 2017 or CAT 2017 tomorrow (July 29). As per speculations, CAT will tentatively be conducted in the last week of November this year.
Candidates who are preparing to apply for the examination can visit the official website of CAT/ IIM L at iimcat.ac.in, iiml.ac.in for updates. After a gap of seven years, IIM Lucknow has been given the responsibility to convene CAT examinations. CAT is conducted every year by an IIM institute for admission to Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes.
According to reports, IIM Lucknow PGP Admission Chair Prof Neeraj Dwivedi will be the convener of this years management entrance test.
Also Read: IIM-C registers 31% of women students this time, sets a record
Once the official notification is out, the CAT aspirants will be able to get the following information.
1) Commencement of registration process and last date of exam. Last year, the registration of the exam started on August 8, 2016 and continued till September 27, 2017, while the examination was conducted on December 4, 2016.
2) Application Fee. The fee may be increased or may remain the same as last year.
3) Exam Centres. It is expected that IIM Lucknow may add a few more cities to adjust the participant from small towns.
4) Exam date and sessions. Like last year, there is high probabilty CAT will be conducted on single day in multiple sessions.
5) The official notification will also clarify the eligibility requirements for CAT 2017 and the reservation policy followed by IIMs during admission process. The exam pattern, structure, and dates for CAT 2017 will be released along with the notification about the examination.
Also Read: IIMs, IITs to begin online educational series on LGBTQ, Section 377 issues soon!
Exam Pattern: CAT is a computer based test. The paper will be divided into three sections namely, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. The paper is expected to have 100 Objective type questions fow which all the candidates will be given 3 hours.
For interesting news videos from InUth, follow us on Youtube.com/InUthdotcom