A major fire broke out on Tuesday evening near the Bandra East locality in Mumbai, the officials said, adding that the incident occurred at around 3:30 in two floor building located in the slums of Kherawadi.
As per the reports, some sections of the shops and the balcony on the first floor were partially gutted in the fire.
However, no injuries have been reported in the incident so far, the officials informed.
According to ANI tweet, two fire engines and one water tanker have been rushed to the spot to douse the fire.
As per the initial investigation, the fire broke out following the short circuit. Further investigations are on.
More details are awaited.
Fire broke out in slums near Kherwadi in Bandra East (Mumbai) due to a short circuit. 2 fire engines rushed to the spot. pic.twitter.com/fk8N24LzKp
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 17, 2017