As the Delhi University released its first cut-off on Friday, now the admission process is going to start soon. The next step for the students is to choose the college and course according to their percentage. As there are many things to keep in mind, students need to ensure that they have information on everything related to course and college.
Here’s how you can apply to the colleges in Delhi University:-
Choose a Course: First and foremost, the aspirants need to decide which course are they planning to study at Delhi University and if they meet its eligibility criteria. To get a fair idea, last year’s percentage can also be checked.
Registering on the DU’s website: The next step is to get yourself on the official website of DU. This year the online registration form was available from 22nd May 2017 and the last date for registering yourself was June 13 (till 5 PM).
Keep a tab on Cut-offs: Once the cut-off is out, log in to the official website of the DU and pick the colleges in which you want to take admission. Also, make sure that you take out the acknowledgement slip Yesterday, Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Lady Sri Ram (LSR) College for Women and Ramjas College announced its first cut-off list. Here’s the first cut off list of some of the colleges of DU
- Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC): Economics and B.Com (Hons) at 97.75%
- Lady Sri Ram (LSR) College for Women : Economics (Hons) is at 97.5%. English (Hons) at 98%, History (Hons) at 96.5%, Political Science (Hons) at 97.5% and BCom (Hons) at 97.25%.
- Kirori Mal College: English at 95%, English (Hons) 97.5%, B COM at 97%.
- Ramjas College: B.Com (Hons) at 97.5%, Economics (Hons) at 97.5%. English (Hons) is at 96.5% and History (Hons) at 97%. In Science, Chemistry (Hons) at 96%.
- Jesus and Mary College: B.Com at 97%, B.Com (Hons) 96.5% English 97%, Economics (Hons) 98.5%.
Shortlist Colleges: After the announcement of first cut-off, the candidates should then shortlist the colleges they have made it to.
Go to the college: Once you meet the required criteria, visit the college along with your acknowledgement slip and the required documents. Also note that once the cut-off is announced, admission will be done within three days of the announcement of the cut-off.
Pay the fees: The college fees should be submitted within 48 hours. Once paid, students will be given a new acknowledgement slip, therefore giving the confirmation to the candidates about their admission.
On June 14, St Stephens released its first cut-off and keeping the last year’s trend in mind, this year too, the cut-off will soar. The college announced the cut-off list for courses including BA programme, English honours, Economics honours, Mathematics, History, and Philosophy.