After a delay of almost 15 days, the Delhi University from Friday is all set to begin the registration process for admission to entrance based undergraduate courses. The application process for 9 courses would start from 6:00 pm as mentioned in a press release of the University which is put up on its official website. To encourage more students, the entrance exam this year would be conducted in 18 cities from July 1 to July 6 and would be a computer based. Earlier, the application process was to begin from May 31 earlier.
The nine courses for which the entrance examination would be conducted are:
- BA (Hons) Music
- B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics
- BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA (Hons) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Business Economics Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd)
- B Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports (PEHE&S)
Among all these courses, the entrance exam for BA Music would be a practical exam which will take place at the Department of Music, Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi. DU has earlier conducted DU JAT (Joint Admission Test) for BBA, BMS and BA in Business Economics.
After DU on Wednesday postponed the schedule for admission in various undergraduate (merit-based) courses by four days, the first which earlier was to be released on June 2o will now come out on June 24. Students will be able to able to verify their documents from June 24-28. Second cut-off will come out on July 1, third on July 7, fourth on July 13 and fifth on July 18.
On June 14, St Stephen’s College announced its first cut-off list for a number of undergraduate courses. The highest was 98.5% which is for English and Economics courses for commerce students.