Moving into action to tackle the alarming pollution rate in the national capital following days of thick smog and reduced visibility, chief minister Kejriwal took a slew of measures. At a press conference done right after an emergency meeting when visibility to reduced to less than 200 m on Sunday, Kejriwal announced:
1. Schools will remain shut for three days
2. All construction and demolition work stopped for five days.
3. Watering of roads to control pollution.
4. Possible return of Odd-Even
5. Fire at landfill sites will be bulldozed
He adviced people to stay indoors as much as they can and also said that they should prefer doing work from home instead of traveling to offices.
Delhi’s pollution scenario has worsened, particularly since Diwali, when the hazardous PM 2.5 went up several time up from normal rate resulting in thick smog. These tiny particles are cause of serious respiratory ailments.