Wait for class 12th CBSE board results 2017 is finally over with board announcing its result on May 28 (Sunday). The overall pass percentage this year is 82% and there has been an increase in the number of students who have scored between 95% and 100%. Raksha Gopal from Noida’s Amity International has topped the exam by securing 99.6%. With 99.4%, the second in the list is Bhumi Sawant De from Chandigarh’s DAV Public School, Aditya Jain and Mannat Luthra secured the third position by securing 99.2%.
As the results are now out, the students will soon be rushing to Delhi University to get a college of their choice. As per reports, more than 58, 000 students have already applied online for undergraduate courses in DU. During 2016 admissions, English (H) was the most preferred course as it received around 115, 780 applications, followed by Bachelor of Arts (BA) which received 98, 000 applications. With 90, 000 applications, Political Science was the third most sought after course.
There’s is still some time in DU announcing its cut off. Till then, let’s check what the first cut-off list of most sought after colleges of DU.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC): Last year, the cut off for Economics (H) and B.Com (H) was 98.25%, and 98% respectively. The cut-off for English (H) was 96.5%.
- Lady Shri Ram College (LSR): The cut-off for Psychology Honours was 98.5%, a 0.5% higher than the year 2015. For English (H), the cut-off was 98.25% and for B.Com (H) it was 98%.
- Miranda House: The cut-off for History (H) was 94%, 2% higher than 2015. Economics (H) cut-off was 97.75% and English (H) cut-off was 97.5%.
Here are the important dates of Delhi University 2017 admission:
- The Online Registration Starts: May 22, 2017
- The Online Registration Ends: June 12, 2017
- The first cut-off will be declared on June 20, 2017
- The second cut-off will be declared on June 24, 2017