After roaring against the opposition in Punjab on January 28, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today reached Goa and addressed a rally in Panaji.
Praising the works of the present BJP government in the state, PM Modi asserted that the sate government has always worked to ensure growth in the region.
Comparing sate’s situation under other party’s control, he claimed that Goa had suffered a state of instability before the BJP rule. The Chief Ministers of the state changed faster than the fixed interval which hampered the growth of Goa. He also focused on the tourism business which has been bringing revenue for the state. He asserted that Tourism in Goa has been a key tool for the state’s revenue and the opponents have failed to do so but the BJP government have uplifted the conditions and will continue in future.
Admiring the present Union Defence Minister of India, Manohar Parrikar (Former Chief Minister of Goa), PM Modi said that this state has given a strong Defence Minister to the country and now the entire world is discussing the Surgical Strike happened back in September 2016.
He termed the opposition as pickpockets of the democracy who have already prepared themselves to counter the present government once the Union budget releases on February 1. He asserted that if the opponents don’t believe the umpire, then why they enter the battlefield?
He asked the people to support and BJP for growth and stated that like lotus blossoms, Goa will blossom too.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- Mujhpe zulm isi baat ka ho raha hai kyunki unhe pareshaani ho rahi hai, 70 saal ka unka jama kiya hua Modi nikaal raha hai
- jaise kamal khile, waise hi Goa bhi khile
- We can have differences of opinion but that does not mean we need to deviate from the core issue of India’s development
- Kya chunav mei, loktantra mein ladai aise muddo pe karoge, ki EC ne date kaunsi dedi?
- Goa has given such a Defence Minister to India who led surgical strikes
- Some saying PMO pressurised EC for simultaneous elections in Punjab, Goa. If you don’t trust the umpire, then why enter the battlefield?
- Loktantra ke jebkatre kisi ka bhala nahin chahte
- Parajay apne sar par nahi aaye, isliye mahaul bana rahe hain
- Goa government has worked for growth, credit goes to BJP
- Polls must be fought for growth
- Some parties are preparing their drafts ahead of the February 1st budget, in order to attack us the moment we release it
- For Goa’s economic development and employment, we are emphasising on tourism by working shoulder to shoulder with state GovtArrival visa, online e-visa facility&other such facility given to tourists now. Goa most benefited in this case sees huge rush of tourists
- Demonetisation doesn’t hamper Goa
- I promise you that if you give us comfortable majority, we will make Goa the most comfortable state of the country
The polling in Goa is scheduled on February 4 and the counting will be done on March 11.