Aiming to give users a simplified and an enhanced user experience, Panasonic India on Monday launched two new smartphones that are equipped with “Arbo” — the company’s in-house developed artificial intelligence (AI)-based virtual assistant.
“With the launch of our first AI-enabled smartphones, we are now expanding our product offerings which will help empower our consumer base and assist them in performing tasks in a smarter way,” Manish Sharma, President and CEO, Panasonic India and South Asia, and Executive Officer, Panasonic Corporation, told reporters.
The virtual assistant is a self-learning technology that understands the user behaviour and then maps their daily activities for them accordingly.
“AI has been dubbed as the technology which in future will shape the product interface and the way we interact with our smartphones, with this pilot advancement we hope that this will not only enhance our market share but will also further strengthen our position within the industry,” Sharma added.
All You Need To Know
- The smartphones are exclusively available on Flipkart. While Eluga Ray Max is priced at Rs 11,499 for 32GB variant and Rs 12,499 for 64GB variant, Eluga Ray X is available for Rs 8,999.
- The 5.2-inch full-HD IPS display carrying Eluga Ray Max is powered by 1.4GHz 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor paired with 4GB RAM and comes in 64GB and 32GB internal memory variants that can be expanded up to 128GB.
- The device sports 16MP rear camera, a 8MP front camera with selfie flash and is also equipped with a finger print sensor in collaboration with ‘Android for work’ feature. It houses a 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Eluga Ray X features 5.5-inch HD IPS display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor coupled with 3GB RAM, houses 4,000mAh battery and comes with 16MP rear camera along with a 5MP front shooter.
- Both the devices run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.