Demonetisation has created a gigantic chaos in the country. Even after 45 days of the announcement, nothing much has changed- people are still queuing outside banks to get cash, half of the ATMs are still empty and worry lines are still blurring our view. Amid these desperate times, a new super-hero has emerged to help us with our woes. Meet Snapdeal, the e-commerce website that is delivering cash to its customers.
Shocked? Well, it’s true. As a part of its “goodwill gesture”, Snapdeal is delivering smiles..no..cash right at your doorsteps!
Snapdeal users can request an amount of Rs 2,000 max per booking and use ATM of any bank to pay for the cash. Snapdeal is using the cash that it receives through Cash on Delivery (CoD) to power its Cash@Home scheme. And the company is charging a nominal fee of Re 1 as the convenience fee. If you think it’s too good to be true, there’s more? The customers don’t have to order anything else from Snapdeal to avail this facility.
At present, this facility is available only in Bengaluru and Gurugram, but Snapdeal says that it’s going to extend the service to other parts of the country soon.
If you too are falling short of cash and want cash to be delivered right at your doorsteps, here’s what you’ll have to do:
1. Install the Snapdeal app
2. Log in to your account
3. Go to the bottom of the page where you see the banner “Get Cash at your door”. Click on it.
4. Enter your pin code and click on “Check” to check availability
5. If the services is available at your location, choose to get Rs 2,000 delivered to you
6. Use your debit card or Freecharge wallet to pay a delivery charge of Re 1
7. Swipe your card for Rs 2,000 on delivery