If you know anything about Ellen DeGeneres, you probably know that she’s an awesomesauce person who loves to spread love and cheer around. What sets Ellen DeGeneres from the mainstream daytime and late night shows is that her humor is always light-hearted and she rarely cracks jokes at someone else’s expense. An animal rights activist and someone who is vocal about LGBT and women’s rights, Ellen is all the goodness that we need in the world right now.
On the eve of her birthday, let’s take a moment to appreciate her. Here are 11 things that make Ellen DeGeneres an adorable host:
1.She knows how to handle the haters
2. She doesn’t shy away from talking about LGBT rights.
3. Her monologues and comic timing on the Ellen show are pure GOLD.
3. She is familiar with the perils of being good looking.
4. She is the epitome of goodness, humility and kindness.
5. She often has a hilarious take on the burning issues.
6. Her low-key sass makes the world go around!
7. She gives us #ConfidenceGoals
8. She isn’t afraid to accept her sexuality
9. She has the best laugh. Period.
10. She is sugar and spice and everything nice.
11. Her “be kind to one another” rhetoric is what the world needs right now!
I don’t know about you, but I am madly in love with Ellen DeGeneres. Happy Birthday Ellen. Keep spreading the love and cheer around.