Our beloved writer/critic/Twitter-troller/reality show judge Chetan Bhagat is all set to host #AskYourFM talkathon at 6:30pm today. For all those who have no clue, it’s a LIVE Youtube stream where our Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will be talking to the people directly. People can tweet out their questions using #AskYourFM and our finance minister will be solving their queries.
Sounds like a great initiative.
Now since Chetan Bhagat is a well known personality in the world of trolling, we’re really looking forward to this!
Chetan has been famously trolled on Twitter for his not-so-intellectual tweets. He has encountered many foot-in-mouth situations and the Twitter burns have been pretty savage!
We’ve compiled a list of hilarious questions or awkward moments that could possibly go down during the LIVE session with the finance minister:
1) What do Finance ministers do? I’m genuinely curious. This is tax. That is finance. Ok work done for the day.
What do historians do? I am genuinely curious. This happened. Then this happened. Then this. Ok work done for the day.
— Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat) October 30, 2015
2) Chetan: Sir, I asked you to read a copy of ‘One Indian Girl’ during the Budget. Did you?
— ranjith (@DONTpolitisize) February 1, 2017
3) So maternity benefit scheme doesn’t apply to men. Because men, you know, can never be robbed, attacked, feel unsafe or get pregnant.
So odd-even rule doesn’t apply to women only cars, for safety. Because men, you know, can never be robbed, attacked, feel unsafe or killed.
— Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat) December 10, 2015
4) Chetan: Sir, there is a dire need of reforms in the public sanitation department, especially public washrooms. What is the government doing on that?
— Smoking Skills TNP (@SmokingSkills_) October 10, 2016
5) If I don’t have a 9 to 5 salaried job, why should I pay income tax?
6) I have only half a girlfriend. Can she get a 50 percent tax exemption?
Friend : Dude you’re single, right?
Chetan Bhagat : No yaar. I half a girlfriend.
— Nalini. (@facepalm92) August 5, 2014
7) Chetan: Here’s our Finance Minister Anur Jaitley.
Arun Jaitley: umm..it’s Arun Jaitley.
Chetan: Haha. Got That. My bad
8) Chetan: What about the people in tribal areas. How is the government planning to further help them?
— Gautam Trivedi (@Gotham3) October 10, 2016
9) Chetan: Sir, since you’ve proposed to introduce a system of measuring annual learning in schools, can you also try and include my novels in the syllabus?
— Kirti (@Ghani_Bawri) December 5, 2015
Chetan recently tweeted out about the Live session:
— Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat) February 1, 2017
All jokes and trolls apart, this is a really great initiative and we hope it helps the youth understand the budget better!