Bollywood and VFX have a love-hate relationship where Bollywood loves to use crappy VFX and make us hate ourselves for watching the movie in the first place.
(sarcasm) Through the years, we’ve seen some amazing Bollywood movies that have set international standards when it comes to VFX. We’ve introduced cutting edge technology to cinema and the world watched in awe. Here are 7 times Bollywood taught the world how to VFX: (/sarcasm)
1. When my diet plans looked more realistic than the dead fish in Pari
2. The cool-ass painting dude from Aabra Ka Daabra. Don’t miss the trippy background.
3. That scene in Jaani Dushman (1979) where Amrish Puri turns into a werewolf, whisker by whisker.
annoying, good-for-nothing adorable parrot from Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon that all of us wanted to shoot in the Goddamn face pet:
5. This romantic suhaagraat scene from Jaani Dushman (2002) that redefined honeymoon goals. BEST VFX EVER?
6. When Vivek Oberoi had the coolest superhero suit ever in Krrish 3. Iron man who honey?
7. This straight-up seizure causing scene from our personal fav, Krishna Cottage:
Honorary mention: The super-realistic deer from Padmaavat that reminded us of all deers and trees we painted for our 2nd grade skits. Footage not found, cuz Padmaavat.
Bollywood, it’s 2018. Let’s try to up our VFX skills now, shall we? *pixelates into thin air*