Growing up in desi households, we all know that no matter what, our life will always be as dramatic as our TV serials.
Our problems are truly one of a kind – we show up to a cousin’s wedding only to have a flock of aunties descend upon us to inquire about when we’re getting married, when we go to your relatives house we have to sit for hours and pretend to be interested in their ‘when I was your age‘ stories.
While we’ve all got problems, here are 11 desi problems that only a true desi can relate to:
1. If your TV remote control isn’t wrapped in plastic, are you even desi?
— Desi Problems (@desiproblem) January 10, 2018
2. Betaaa thand lag jayegii should be a part of our national pledge.
— Sarah Mir (@flourandspice) January 9, 2018
3. Desi Halloween 101
man I wouldn’t even be mad pic.twitter.com/MZDO4x72Jn
— Desi Girl Problems (@My_DesiGirl) October 28, 2017
4. Desi parents, an enigma that even science can’t understand…
*You go out with your friends*
Your parents yell at you
*You sit at home minding your own business*
Your parents yell at you
“GOD, WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO!?”#desiproblems
— Desi Problems (@desiproblem) January 8, 2018
5. Beta, what will Sharma ji’s daughter’s friend’s dog think?
Problems with desi parents, they care more about what neighbours and society thinks
— Raheel (@009barca) January 8, 2018
6. So… Gupta ji said he saw you hanging out with Karan *reaches for chappals*
I HATE THOSE RANDOM ASS AUNTIES AND UNCLES THAT ALWAYS TELL UR PARENTS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING BC OF RANDOM STORIES ABT KIDS GOING CRAZY WHICH MAKES UR PARENTS SUS & STRICT LIKE DAMN AUNTY SHAGUFTA JUS CAUSE UR SON WENT WILD & DEALS DRUGS DOESNT MEAN IM DOING THAT
— sukhi (@mairanotmaria2) January 8, 2018
7. Your cousin just got married WHEN WILL YOU SETTLE DOWN
In desi households , a wedding invite sent to a house filled with single girls will make that house a hell for the next 2 months #desiproblems
— Mihrimah_Irena (@Mihrimah_Irena) December 22, 2017
8. But mooooom
“Your parents talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.”#desiproblems
— shahira Khan (@shahirakhaan) December 21, 2017
9. Not gonna lie, Biryani is life.
I’m done with biryani.
When it’s there, it’s amazing and fulfilling and touches me where nothing else touches me.
And then it’s gone.
Gives you too much hope, only to take it away. #desiproblems
— Abdul R. Siddiqui (@PakistaniPepper) December 13, 2017
10. We’re all feeling this at some point in a long-ass desi wedding!
— Raven R.(@raven_wingtips) December 12, 2017
11. Rains = I want Pakoras. Right now. I don’t care how.
— brownandlazy (@brownandlazy) December 11, 2017