Right-arm medium pacer from Hyderabad, Mohammed Siraj is making his T20 International debut against New Zealand at Rajkot. Mohammed Siraj earlier made it to the headlines after he was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League season 10 for Rs 2.6 crores. Mohammed Siraj has replaced Ashish Nehra who retired from all forms of cricket on November 1 during the 1st T20I between India and New Zealand at Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi.
Here are some interesting facts about Mohammed Siraj:
- Mohammed Siraj was born on 13 March 1994 in Hyderabad
- His father is an auto-rickshaw driver
- Siraj made his first-class debut on 15 November 2015
- During the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy tournament, he was the highest wicket-taker for Hyderabad with 41 wickets at an average of 18.92
- In February 2017, he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad team for the 2017 Indian Premier League for 2.6 crores
- In October 2017, he was named in India’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against New Zealand.
- He made his T20I debut for India against New Zealand on 4 November 2017.
Meanwhile, New Zealand captain Kane Willamson won the toss and he decided to bat first. This is the do-or-die battle for the visitors as they are trailing the three-match series 0-1.