Former Indian opening batsman Virender Sehwag, who is extremely popular for stealing the limelight with his witty and sarcastic comments on Twitter, is now making the headlines for his Hindi commentary during the matches.
Sehwag, known for his fearless batting at the top of the order, has redefined the Hindi commentary in such a way that even non-cricket fans are tuning into live match telecast just to hear Sehwag’s witty one-liners.
Recently, during the third and the decider Twenty20 match between India and England at M Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru on February 1, Sehwag made a comment on England’s captain Eoin Morgan that made everyone laugh out loud.
He passed the remark when Indian team was struggling to break the partnership building up between Eoin Morgan and Joe Root.
It was during the 12th over of England’s innings, when English skipper Morgan thrashed 3 sixes on Suresh Raina’s bowling. After which Sehwag said: ‘Lagta Hai Morgan Mein Mata Aa Gayi Hai’.
At that time, England was going strong and they just needed 89 runs more to surpass India’s 202-runs on the board. Not only did he crack everyone with his witty one liner on Morgan, he did not even spare Joe Root.
When Joe Root smashed Hardik Pandya for six in the 10th over, Sehwag said: “Toot Kar Pade Hai Root Kung Fu Pandya Ke Upar.” However, following the superb bowling display by Yuzvendra Chahal, who took six wickets, India managed to seal the victory by 75 runs.
Earlier, during India’s sensational win over Bangladesh on March 29 last year, Sehwag, ushered praise on Ashish Nehra, saying, “Boss ki wife ko, Haathi ke size ko, Aur Nehra ji ki advice ko, saara Desh saalam karta hai.”
Here are few other witty one-liners by Sehwag that will leave you in splits:
1) Abhi abhi Nehra kuch samjha kar gaye hain Pandya ko, shayad apna anubhav bata kar gaye hain. Iska fayda bhi ho sakta hai aur nuksaan bhi.
2) Do kar ki izzat karta hai har batsman. Tendulkar and perfect yorker.
3) Super over nahi hona chahiye warna humein der tak commentary karni padegi and bachhon ko bhi der tak jagna padega.
4) Boss ki wife ko, Haathi ke size ko, Aur Nehra Ji ke advice ko, saara Dash salaam Karta hai.
5) (to Shoaib Akhtar: after Australia’s quick start vs India): 4 overs, 54 runs. Aisa bohot baar kiya hai India ne Pakistan ke khilaaf.
6) Sehwag sings to Akhtar: Mauka Mauka, Aap ke liye kal phir ayega Mauka Mauka.
7) Kehte Hain cricket anishchtaon ka khel hain, aur yahan sabhi prediction fail hain.
8) Aaj NZ ke umpire ko traffic police bana diya hai. Signal diya ja rahe hain .
9) Yeh Catch toh Sholay Ka Thakur Bhi Pakad Leta .