The Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) team is all set to take on Rajasthan Royals (RR) in their first match in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad on April 9. The tournament kick-started with some extraordinary performances by the rest of the six sides and today, Kane Williamson & Co will face the Ajinkya Rahane-led RR who are making a comeback after two long years.
Both the franchises have inducted a number of capped/uncapped youngsters in the team, especially the Rajasthan camp which has always invested in young talents.
— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) 9 April 2018
However, the Hyderabadi Orange Army look no less threatening than their opponents. The 2016 season winners will take to the field with an all-new squad.
Ahead of their first clash of this season, let’s have a look at some of the milestones which could be set by SRH players —
- This is going to be Kane Williamson’s 1st outing as the skipper of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Shikhar Dhawan needs two boundaries to become the batsman with the second-highest number of boundaries in IPL so far. He has hit 401 fours while Suresh Raina is currently the second batsman on this list with 402 fours. The topper on this list is Gautam Gambhir with 489 fours.
- Yusuf Pathan needs 2 sixes to go past Kieron Pollard’s stats. Pathan has hit 146 sixes so far while Pollard has hit 147.
- Rashid Khan and Siddharth Kaul need 3 and 4 wickets respectively to complete 20 IPL wickets.
- If Shikhar Dhawan goes for a duck in this game, he will be the third SRH batsman with most ducks.
— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) 8 April 2018
Here’s the complete squad of SRH:
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Manish Pandey, Rashid Khan Arman, Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Siddarth Kaul, Deepak Hooda, Syed Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, Kane Williamson, Carlos Brathwaite, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Shreevats Goswami, Alex Hales, Mohammad Nabi, Chris Jordan, Basil Thampi, T Natarajan, Sachin Baby, Bipul Sharma, Syed Mehdi Hasan, Ricky Bhui, Tanmay Agarwal.