Virat Kohli & Co are all set to take on Sri Lanka yet another time in this calendar year. After whitewashing Pakistan by 2-0, Dinesh Chandimal-led Lankan team has arrived in India to avenge the humiliating loss they faced in the month of August. The first Test of the 3-match series is to be played at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata from November 16. However, continuous rainfall hasn’t yet allowed the game to start at the scheduled time.
Meanwhile, let’s have a look at the statistical highlights of both the sides before the game the commences:
- Sri Lanka have never won a Test match on the Indian soil.
- India and Sri Lanka have played 17 Tests in India out of which India have won 10 matches and 7 ended in a draw
- The last time Sri Lanka played a Test in India, Virat Kohli was yet to debut in Tests and hadn’t yet scored an ODI century.
- Virat Kohli is currently the highest run-getter of 2017 across all the formats. He has played 43 matches in this calendar year and scored a total of 2208 runs at an average of 59.67.
- After winning 8 consecutive Test series, this would be the 9th win in a row for Team India if it wins and the 2nd against Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka’s squad has taken a total of 654 wickets, 62 percent (405) of which has been taken by Ragan Herath alone.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has dismissed Karunaratne 5 times in 6 innings and dismissed Thirimanne for a total of 11 times across all the formats.
- Angelo Mathews has not scored a Test century in last two years.
- Rangana Herath averages 46 against India. Earlier, during India’s tour of Sri Lanka, he averaged 69.4
- KL Rahul has scored 7 consecutive 50+ scores in Tests. If he scores one more in the next inning, he will become the first cricketer to score 8 consecutive 50+ scores in Tests
The 2nd and 3rd Tests are scheduled to be played on November 24 and December 2 in Nagpur and Delhi respectively.
For interesting videos from InUth, follow us on Youtube.com/InUthdotcom