As the 50 day duration to deposit now illegal tenders of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes closes on December 30, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Bhim: Bharat Interface for Money’, a real time cashless transaction scheme at the Digi Dhan Mela in Delhi’s Tal Katora Stadium on December 30.
— Amit Malviya (@malviyamit) December 30, 2016
Post the shocking announcement made on November 8 , PM Modi asked 50 days to clean the economy by curbing black money, terrorism and corruption, and slowly took the country towards digital payments. The winners of the Lucky Grahak Yojana and DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana were awarded at this event by PM Modi.
The event will be followed by press conferences of senior Congress leader P Chidambaram and later of Union finance minister Arun Jaitley, speaking on the major currency switch campaign which ends Friday.
Following are the highlights from his speech
- Jo paisa aa raha hai, gareeb ke kaam aane wala hai. Desh ko badalna hai doston (Whatever money has been received will be spend in welfare of poors. We need to change this Nation)
- I am thankful to the media as this has helped Govt formulate schemes and take up initiatives to empower the poor
- Is desh ke dhan par, is desh ke gareebon ka adhikar sabse pehle hona chahiye (The poors of this country has the primary right over the country’s wealth)
- In last 50 days media while covering me, also questioned the Govt on how will the country become digital when poor don’t have mobile
- Kuch logo ab bhi nirash hain aise nirashawadi logn ke liye abhi koi aushadhi nahi hai. Aise logon ko unki nirasha mubarak (Several people are still disappointed. There is no medicine out for such pessimists.)
- Jis desh ko anpad kaha jata hai woh garv kar sakta hai ki electrionic voting mein humne revolution laya hai, woh bhi safalta purwak (The nation which was earlier counted among the illeterate ones, can now be proud that it gone for electronic polling and succeeded)
- Mantra of Dr. Ambedkar was to work for the upliftment of the poor. And the biggest power of technology is that it can empower the poor
- Furthering digital connectivity would do wonders for our nation
- Ye sab padhe likhe ameeron ka nahi gareeb ka khazana hai. ye gareeb, chhote vyapari, adivasi or kisaan ko takat dene wala hai (It’s a treasure not owned by the richer ones but by the poors, small scale traders, farmers.)
- Ek neta ne kaha khoda dungar aur nikaali chuhiya; Mujhe toh chuhiya hi nikaalni thi, wohi toh sab kha jaati hai chori se
- Pehle khabar rehti thi ki Koyle mein kitna gaya, 2G mein kitna gaya; aaj khabar hoti hai ki kitna aya
- In 2 weeks will make one more accomplishment,it’s security is being worked on. It will empower BHIM;you’ll only require your thumb to pay
- Dr Ambedkar’s thesis offers significant insights of various economic issues