Mumbai-based hip hop dance crew The Kings, who emerged as the winners of popular US reality show World of Dance, awed its judges with their performances. They went on to win the prize money of a whopping $1 million. Judges Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, and Derek Hough were in praise of the 14-member team with dancers aged 17-27.Based on their scores in the show, here are their five best performances.
5. The Kings impressed the judges with their first performance itself. Judges threw their shoes as a mark of respect. The crew scored 97. 7 in the qualifiers round
4. The Kings’ Robotic performance on the song ‘Tattad Tattad’ from the film Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela, set the floor on fire and secured them 97.7 in the cut round.
3. With high acrobatic flips and Bollywood infused hip-hop dance, the crew performed on the popular Bollywood song Malhari from Bajirao Mastani, the performance got them 99.3.
2. This jungle-themed performance with synchronized backflips left the panel spellbound and they came very near to hundred but settled on 99.7 scores. Judge Jennifer Lopez even went on to say, “Okay, that was out of this world.”
1. With their signature slow-mo moves the team’s final performance was likened to an “action film” by the judges which secured them a perfect 100 and the coveted trophy.