Summers are here and the skin problems have begun. The most common skin problem is ‘ACNE’ which has come to be with most of us for rest of the season. No matter how hard you try, they will pop-up out of nowhere.
For acne-free in summers, wash your face, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and make sure that you remove your make-up and cleanse and moisturise your skin well before going to bed. According to experts, use salycylic face wash and anti-acne masks to stay from acne in summer.
Alia Rizvi, Dermatologist at Me Clinic – Masters of Esthetics, and Megha Shah, a Cosmetologist, have rolled out basic pointers that can be easily incorporated in daily beauty regimens:
- Keep your face clean. Remove your make properly. You can use a salycylic face wash.
- Rinse your face once you get home after spending the day outside.
- Do not scrub. Over washing and scrubbing can cause skin irritation.
- Don’t touch your face too often. Or don’t lean on any surface. Here the face can get infected with bacteria.
- Try using brands or make-up which say on the label -non-comedogenic.
- Avoid the sun. It can increase the chance of an acne outbreak.
- You can use anti-acne masks once a week.
- Acne occurs because of hormonal imbalance, so your dermatologist might ask you to get your hormones tested.
- Dandruff is also one of the most common causes of acne on forehead or back. It’s important to use an anti-dandruff shampoo suggested by your dermatologist.
- Avoid wearing tight body hugging clothes if you have acne on the body.