Telugu actor Allu Arjun’s Duvvada Jaganndham has successfully completed its one-week theatrical run at the Box Office. The film, an Eid release has been directed by Hari Shankar and produced by Dil Raju. It also stars Hrithik Roshan’s Mohenjo Daro fame Pooja Hegde as the female lead.
After garnering Rs 64 crore worldwide on its opening weekend, Duvvada Jagannadham refused to slow down on the weekdays as well. The Allu Arjun starrer was rock steady on the weekdays and minted nearly Rs 38 crore in 4-theatrical days. The movie has best fared in Andhra Pradesh and Ceeded-Nizam regions where it has registered a collection of Rs 34 crore, Rs 11 crore and Rs 26 crore, respectively.
Duvvada Jagannadham also witnessed a terrific run in Karnataka as well, by raking in Rs 11 crore in its opening week. The total collections of the film by the end of its opening week is good Rs 102 crore. It has also emerged as the third Rs 100 crore grosser of the actor’s career. And with this feat, Allu Arjun has emerged as the top Telugu actor to have maximum Rs 100 crore grossers in Tollywood industry. It’s a remarkable achievement considering that the Sarrainodu actor has managed to beat the likes of Prabhas, Mahesh Babu and Pawan Kalyan to do so.
What’s more? With Duvvada Jagannadham, Allu Arjun equals the record of none other than Thalaivar Rajinikanth to have 3 Rs 100 crore grossers among the South film stars.
Here is the list of South film actors with maximum Rs 100 crore grossers:
1. Vijay — 4 (Thuppakki, Kaththi, Theri, and Bairavaa)
2. Rajinikanth — 3 (Enthiran, Lingaa, and Kabali)
3. Suriya — 3 (Singam II, 24 and Singam III)
4. Allu Arjun — 3 (Race Gurram, Sarrainodu, and Duvvada Jagannadham)
5. Mohanlal — 2 (Janatha Garage and Pulimurugan)
6. Pawan Kalyan — 2 (Attarintiki Daredi and Gabbar Singh)
7. Mahesh Babu — 2 (Dookudu and Srimanthudu)
8. Prabhas — 2 (Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali: The Conclusion)