Directed by VV Vinayak and produced by Chiranjeevi’s son and actor-producer Ram Charan, the film is a Telugu remake of Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Tamil blockbuster Kaththi. The film which had released on 11 January 2017 went on to become the first Telugu blockbuster of the year.
Khaidi No 150 was a massive success overseas as well. On its glorious occasion of 50-theatrical days, here are 6 records set by the Chiranjeevi blockbuster:
1) Khaidi No 150 is the only second Telugu film to cross Rs. 50 crore on its opening day after Baahubali:The Beginning. The Chiranjeevi starrer opened to an earth shattering response with collections almost at par with the SS Rajamouli directorial at several places. The film is also the third highest film with highest opening day collections after Baahubali and Rajinikanth blockbuster Kabali.
2) Khaidi No 150 is the second fastest Telugu film to join the elite club of Rs. 100 crore. The action-entertainer hit the century mark worldwide in 5-theatrical days. The film is also the first Rs. 100 crore grosser of Chiranjeevi.
3) Upon its release, Khaidi No 150 has broken Mahesh Babu starrer Srimanthudu and Jr. NTR – Mohanlal starrer Janatha Garage to become the second fastest Telugu film to cross $1 Million and $2 Million respectively at the US Box Office. The film’s final gross at the end of its theatrical run at the US Box Office is $ 2.5 Million.
4) Khaidi No 150 has set an all-time record in Uttarandhra, Andhra Pradesh
by crossing the lifetime collections of Baahubali in 10-theatrical days. The Chiranjeevi starrer has grossed a terrific Rs 10 crore in Uttarandhra to shatter the record set by the 2015 Prabhas–Rana Daggubati epic blockbuster.
5) Khaidi No 150 has overpowered all the existing non-Baahubali records at the Telugu Box Office. On its second Saturday, the megastar film has shattered the lifetime worldwide record of Rs 85.2 crore, which was set by the 2015 Mahesh Babu blockbuster Srimanthudu.
6) By the end of its 50-theatrical days, Khaidi No 150 has grossed a whopping Rs. 164 crore worldwide to become the all-time second highest grosser in Tollywood cinema history with a worldwide share Rs. 104 crore.
The Boss Is Back! Indeed!