Kick-starting the Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party campaign ahead of state assembly elections in Punjab, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 27 targeted the Congress party and compared it with a sinking ship.
While addressing a rally in Jalandhar, PM Modi said that Congress is desperate for power.
“Congress party is a sinking ship and it is desperate of power,”PM Modi said, adding that the Congress party has no principles and always make false promises.
Further praising the Badals for their effort for upliftment of Punjab, Modi said “People of Punjab want to see Parkash Singh Badal again as its CM.
“Badals have worked hard for Punjab and they are most concerned about the farmers in the state,” PM said.
Talking about the Sutlej water, Modi said that BJP-Akali will bring the waters from Pakistan in the state.
Here are the highlights of his speech
- 3 mahine kya kya zulm hue hain mujh par kyunki mai bhrashtachar ki ladai lad raha hoon lekin Modi hai, zulm ke saamne nahi jhukta
- Jab Hindustan ki sena ne parakram (surgical strike) kiya uski sabse zyada khushi Punjab ke har pariwar me nazar aati thi
- Congress made false promises
- Kuch log bohot pareshan hain kyunki unki 70 saal ki kamayi doob rahi hai, loot loot ke jama kiya wo khatre mein pad gaya
- Our government keeps its promises
- Humne OROP ko suljhaya, unhone 48 saal tak latka kar rakha
- Sindhu nadi ka paani jo Pakistan chala jata hai, Hindustan ke haq ka paani hum laayenge aur Punjab ki dharti ko denge
- Our politics is all about vikas
- Vinaash ki rajneeti 70 saal tak desh ne dekhi hai, karni hai toh vikaas ki rajneeti karo
- Congress desperate for power
- Badals most concerned about farmers
- Badals have worked hard for Punjab
- Badal sahab ko dekhiye, itne saalon ka sarvajanik jeevan, na dal badla na dil badla
- Jo naav doob chuki hai, jiss naav me kuch bacha nahi hai, kya Punjab ke log aesi naav mein kadam rakhne ka sochenge?
- Congress party has no principles
- Phir unhone (Congress) dekha parivaar (SP) mein phoot padi hai, yahan apni mundi daal lo
- Congress mahinon tak gaon gaon Rath leke gayi, aur Samajwadi party ko itna kosa. Lekin unhone dekha janata sweekar nahi kar rahi
- Ye (Cong) satta ke bina aise chattpata rahe hain jaise paani ke bin machli chatpata rahi ho
- Punjab wants to see Parkash Singh Badal as its CM
- Pata hi nahi chal rha hai iska (Congress party) rang kya hai, roop kya hai,raah kya hai, kuch pata hi nahi chal rha
- Congress ka rang kya hai, roop kya hai, raah kya hai…pata hi nahi chal raha hai kuch:
- Punish those who bad mouth Punjab
- Jinhone aisa kiya hai aise logon ko Punjab ke gaurav ke vaste aisi saza dijiye taki koi firse Punjab par ungli uthake dekhe nahi
- Rajneeti apni jagah hai lekin desh aur duniya mein Punjab ke naujavanon ki chhavi kharab ki gayi
- Every Indian eats Punjab’s wheat
- Punjab is a land of warriors
- Some taking politics in a new low
- Some want to tarnish Punjab’s image
- Punjab ki aan baan shaan Bharat ka maatha ooncha karti hai
- Ye Punjab ki dharti veeron ki dharti hai, surveeron ki dharti hai. Ye guruon, santon, tyaag aur balidaan ki dharti hai
- Punjab makes India proud: PM
- PM Modi addressing a rally in Jalandhar
- Want to thank Modiji for giving so much love to Punjab, and a lot more: Parkash Singh Badal
- Punjab mein raj karne ke liye Congress ki siyaasi policy hai ‘divide and rule’: Parkash Singh Badal,Punjab CM
- Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal speaking at a rally in Jalandhar
- PM Narendra Modi arrives in Jalandhar to address a rally. Punjab CM Parkash Singh Badal present.
The BJP’s manifesto for Punjab includes free education till PhD for girls belonging to economically weaker sections and job for every family. Wherein, Akali Dal in its manifest has promised waiver of farmers’ debt, jobs for the youth and mega complexes for industry. Punjab will vote on February 4 and the counting will take place on March 11.
The 117-assembly Punjab will witness a three-way contest between the ruling SAD-BJP alliance – which seeks a third consecutive term in power, the Congress – which seeks to regain control of the state and the debutante Aam Aadmi Party.