Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil starring Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Fawad Khan and Anushka Sharma is set to hit your nearby theaters today. Despite the fact that the movie is set for a ‘face-off’ with Ajay Devgn’s action thriller Shivaay, the audience seems to have a soft corner for Karan Johar’s latest romantic flick. The director has left no stones unturned to make his movie a massive hit. Besides the ensemble star cast, the cameo of Shah Rukh Khan is what people are also looking forward too. For all the fans, who are eagerly waiting to know all about the film, we bring to you Ae Dil Hai Mushkil review. It’s time you grab a packet of chips and book your tickets right away!
Here’s why you should celebrate this Diwali with the romantic saga ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’:
- Karan’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil explores several human emotions through his characters in the film. The movie unfolds in layers and speaks about love, friendship, and heartbreak. It celebrates these emotions in the most beautiful way possible.
- The songs of the film have already become a craze among the fans. They are easy to pick and the background score perfectly sets the mood of the story. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil explores every emotion with a song and that is one of the unique points of the movie. Be it Ae Dil Hai Mushkil title track or ‘The Breakup’ song. The songs are soulful and will stick to you even after you leave the theaters.
- Ranbir, Anushka and Aishwarya are central characters and the story revolves mainly around Anushka and Ranbir. The characters evolve gradually in the film and they seem realistic. The cameos of Fawad Khan and Shah Rukh Khan add more to the charm of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. The sizzling chemistry of Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai is one of the highlights of the movie.
However, Karan Johar’s love saga ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ fails to impress the audience in certain portions. Here are a few things that we did not like about the film:
- The pace of the story seems fine in the first half, but the second half seems to be a bit slow. Towards the end, the movie seems to drag and you will feel that a couple of changes at the editing table might have been good.
- Fawad Khan’s role in the film seems to be very small and it seems the director has not exploited the full potential of the actor. Karan could have explored the ‘Jodi‘ of Fawad Khan and Anushka Sharma in a better way as they are also paired together on the screen for the first time.
- For some, the movie can be the same old wine served in a new bottle. While the take can be refreshing, but certain chunks of the movie reminds you of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehnaa. The plot seems to be predictable and Karan in that way has failed to impress the fans.
But all in all the movie is worth a watch. It’s simplicity and surreal characters will keep you g;ued to the screen throughout the film. As far as performances are concerned, Ranbir Kapoor is fantastic whereas Anushka and Aishwarya have done justice to their roles. There are some super cool reasons about why you should watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
So, this Diwali, you just can’t stay away from watching Ae Dil Hai Mushkil!