Kanan Gill and Biswa Kalyan Rath need to bring Pretentious Movie Reviews back. You’d think that the headline should be self-explanatory – but the nature of listicles is such that we must point out what must be painfully obviously in a manner which leaves you too exhausted to disagree. Despite repeated requests, turns out Kanan Gill and Biswa Kalyan Rath are in no hurry to please those like us who are waiting for the next Pretentious Movie Reviews episode.
The stand-up comic duos ‘pretentious’ movie reviews took the internet by storm but then they stopped because apparently, they were bored. Well, okay. Fair enough. But quite a bit of time has passed since, so comeback? You might have been bored, but bro, we weren’t.
We really, truly, desperately do want Kanan and Biswa back together doing Pretentious Movie Reviews yet again and making sense of our amazing Bollywood movies, because let’s face it guys – this year has been terrible. #RIPMovies
Their reviews of ‘iconic’ movies like Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahaani (a movie which was truly ‘anokhi’) to iconic ones like Hum Saath Saath Hain and Dilwale Duhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ) were a stuff of brilliance. They exceptionally and hilariously articulated something which has always been at the back of our minds while watching these movies and now we all are suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Here are 7 quotes that sum up why we want Kanan and Biswa and Pretentious Movie Reviews back ASAP.
1. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge Review: They gave us “the structure of power in Indian households”
2. Prem Aggan Review: “There’s a fine line between A grade movies and C grade movies. It’s called B grade movies.”
3. Tum Mere Ho: Most Snakes Ever
4. Gunda Review: HOW/WHY was this film made?
5. Rudraksh: The film that has a rat who can hypnotise
6. Disco Dancer review was pretty educational, TBH
7. Hum Saath Saath Hain: Most Values Ever
Don’t you want Pretentious Movie Reviews to return? Share this as much as possible.