One of the biggest handbag brands in the world, LV is a favourite of Hollywood and Bollywood celebs. Considered as one of the prized possession of any fashionista, Louis Vuitton’s journey started way back in 1853 in Europe when he got his big break as the official box-maker and packer of Napoleon Bonaparte’s wife, Empress Eugenie de Montijo of France. With its largest flagship store in Champs-Elysées, Paris, here are some jaw-dropping facts about your dream bag:
- LV bags are both water and fireproof which is one of the reasons why they are so expensive.
- These delicate looking babies go through a rigorous durability test, which includes dropping them from a height of half a meter for 4 days with a weight of 3.5 kgs inside each one of them.
- Also, the zippers are opened and closed 5,000 times to ensure they work well.
- The material is scanned under ultraviolet rays to ensure resistance to fading.
- And while the brand doesn’t put their bags on discount, all the unsold ones are sent back to the LV factory in France where either they are shredded or burnt!
Why, you ask? To maintain the exclusivity of the brand. Well, now you know why every Louis Vuitton bag is special.
For interesting lifestyle videos from InUth, follow us on