If you aren’t living under the rock, you would know the Freudian slip that Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty had today. Anway for the uninitiated, here’s the story:
The ICSE Board recently made a decision to include pop culture characters like Harry Potter, Tin-Tin and Asterix in their curriculum. A newspaper approached her for an interview on what she felt about the change. Shetty, mother of a 4-year old said, “Even Animal Farm should be included as it would teach little kids to love and care for animals”.
What followed next was a facepalm moment for the interviewer and a field day for Twitter as they trolled Shetty for her unintentionally hilarious interpretation of literary works that would make Shakespeare turn in his grave.
We add our two bits to the madness. Here are 12 hilarious book titles interpreted by Shilpa Shetty that will leave you in splits:
- I shudder at the thought of what Shilpa Shetty would think of Their eyes were watching Gods!
2. The stoner would be susceptible to so many interpretations by the Bollywood actress
3. We think the American classic Gone with the wind written by Margaret Mitchell would be interpreted this way:
4. And dare we talk about J. D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye
5. Ernest Hemingway earnestly hopes that Shilpa’s imagination doesn’t reach his book Men without women.
6. One hundred rupees for guessing Shilpa’s thoughts on One Hundred Year’s of Solitude
7. Oh no! Please save Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner from Shilpa’s interpretation
8. What does she think about Ken Kesey’s novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest?
9. Shilpa’s Gone Girl isn’t at all fu&*ed in the mind
10. The Fault in Our Stars has a rather logical explanation in Shilpa’s minds, as we see it.
11. If Shilpa had her way, Fifty Shades of Grey would find its way to every pre-nursery school kid’s drawing kit.
12. Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice will get a whole new meaning after this
All images designed by Anuj Kohli