As Uttar Pradesh is gearing up for the last two phases of elections , Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 3 addressed an election rally in Mirzapur. Keeping the content of his speech almost same, once again PM Modi targeted opposition parties in the state and said that elections in UP have turned into an ‘Utsav’ of freeing the state from misrule of SP, BSP, Congress.
Replying to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s challenge, Modi said: “Akhilesh Yadav has asked me to touch electric wires to find out whether there is electricity or not. But I would like to remind him about one of the remarks of his new friend Rahul Gandhi, who had coined slogan the slogan ’27 saal UP behal’, in which he had said there are electric wires in Uttar Pradesh but no electricity”.
He did not even spare former Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh. Stressing on the current status of development in the state, PM Modi said , “When Mulayam Singh was the CM of UP, he promised opening up of two new bridges, but why is it that they are not made yet”, asked PM Modi in Mirzapur
Here are the highlights:
- We are aiming to double farmers income by 2022 when India celebrates its 75th year of independence,
- After we form govt in UP, in the first cabinet meeting itself we will waive off farmers’ loans.
- There is a lot of scope to develop UP as a tourism hub but the state govt doesn’t bother.
- Akhilesh dared me to touch the wires of electricity but there is no electricity passing through them.
- Uttar pradesh alone can take the country forward.
- Election in Uttar Pradesh has turned into an ‘Utsav’ of freeing state from misrule of SP, BSP, Congress, said PM Modi in Mirzapur.
- When Mulayam Singh was the Chief Minister of UP, he promised opening up of two new bridges, but why is it that they aren not made yet”, asked PM Modi in Mirzapur.
- Yahan ke log khaat sabha ki khaat to le gaye, ab khatiya bhi khadi karoge ya nahi?
The voting for the sixth phase would take place on March 4 in 49 constituencies across 7 districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh.