A baby snake, also known as a ‘snakelet’ was found in the food served to children in Rajkeeya Girls Senior Secondary School in Faridabad in Haryana, yet again putting a question again on the quality of the mid-day meal supplied in government schools.

On finding the snakelet, the children were immediately stopped from consuming the meal. But unfortunately, some students had already eaten portions of it. Some students even vomited as soon as they had eaten the meal.

When the principal and other teachers were tasting the food, they saw the snakelet after which they immediately intimated the other students to not eat it. The students were taken aback upon discovering the reptile in their food. They admitted that they often got a ‘stale smell’ from the food generally, but this was something which was terrifying for them.

Braj Bala, the school’s principal informed about the same to higher officials and Iskcon food relief foundation, the organisation which supplies mid-day meal at the school. All other schools, where the same food was supplied, were also apprised about the food contamination.

A similar incident had taken place in Jharkhand last year when over 90 students fell ill after eating mid day meal in a government in Jamua. As per reports, a lizard had fallen in the food when it was being cooked due to which it had been contaminated. Soon after the students ate the contaminated food, they began complaining of stomach ache. They were taken to a hospital in Jamua for the check-up.