This has been a tough year for our jawans. Militants have been striking army base camps. Even as one terrorist has been killed in the ongoing Pampore encounter, here’s a lowdown on the militant attacks till now.
- On January 2, 2016, suspected Jaishe-e-Mohammad militants attack Pathankot Airbase.
- 5 millitants killed in intense gun battle and combing operation. 6 soldiers martyred
- On February 22, three to four heavily armed militants struck the multi-storied building of Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) building in Pampore. The encounter went on 48 hours.
6 army commandos were martyred. Lashkar-e-Taiba hand suspected
- On 18 September, 2016, Militants attack Uri Army base 18 soldiers killed.
- In retaliation, India launched surgical strikes in retaliation and demolished terror launch pads in PoK
- This intensified Militant attacks across the border.
- On October 2, 2016, at least six militants attacked an Indian army camp in Baramulla
One BSP personnel martyred, 2 terrorists killed
- On 6 October, 2016, militants attack army camp in Handwara. Three of them gunned down.
- On October 8, 2016, policemen killed by terrorists in Shopian sector at a police post. Terrorists manage to flee.
- October 10: Again militants strike Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute)in Pampore. One terrorist killed. Encounter on.
- October 11: Terrorists Target Paramilitary Convoy in Shopian with grenades, 8 Injured