The Narendra Modi government on Thursday announced that the farmers to draw upto Rs 25,000 per week against crop loans sanctioned and get it credited to their accounts.
The bank accounts should be in the farmers’ name, economic affairs secretary Shaktikanta Das told reporters.
Besides this, a sum up to Rs 2.5 lakh can be withdrawn in case of wedding ceremony at home.
Here are the major announcements made by the economic affairs secretary.
- The central govt employees up to group C can draw salary advance up to Rs 10,000 in cash that’ll be adjusted against their November salaries.
- One member of the family, be it father or mother can withdraw up to Rs 2.5 lakhs for a wedding.
- For over the counter exchange of old Rs 500/1000 notes, with effect from Nov 18, Rs 4,500 limit will be reduced to Rs 2000.
- The time limit in crop insurance premium cases will be extended by 15 days.
- The farmers can withdraw Rs 25000 per week from a/c where farmers receive either by cheque or which is credited by RTGS account.
- Enough cash is available with the government.
- The time limit for payment of crop loan insurance premium to be extended by 15 days.
- The traders in AgriMandis are now permitted to draw Rs 50,000 in cash per week to pay for sundry expenses like wages.