Barely a day passes when we do not come across dreadful stories happening around the world. Earlier it was television and newspaper, now we also read about the nightmarish tales of victims and survivors on social media sites. Ironically, we only get to know about crime which are reported and we do know many prefer to hush their stories under the carpet fearing social ostracization or even the perpetrator of crime.

In a shocking incident, a team manager at a Mumbai based tele-calling firm attacked a 19 year old girl and slashed her face and neck just because she demanded her salary.

The victim identified as Kajal Shinde lives in Chandivli with her sister Chitra and parents. After appearing for their HSC exams, the sisters decided to do a summer job. “We approached the tele-calling company. We were assured a salary of R7,000 for a month’s work,” said Chitra told Mid-Day.

Also Read: Village panchayat in Pakistan orders rape of 16 year old girl to take ‘revenge’

When they left the job in June, after working for a month, the company assured them that they would get paid in 15 days. However, when they did not receive any salary, they followed up with the boss. But things turned ugly when he finally called them up in the pretence of clearing pending dues.

According to Kajal, Aniket Gaikwad called her up to meet and then took her to a secluded place before slitting her face and neck.

“He asked us to meet him at Dreams Mall in Bhandup for the salaries. When we reached the place, he told me to come with him to the mall’s top floor alone. I did as asked,” Kajal told Mid-Day.

“I was scared when we reached; it was just the two of us. When I asked for the salaries, he took out a knife and slashed my face and neck. In trying to stop him, I sustained injuries on my fingers, left hand and right elbow. Somehow, I managed to push him away and escape from the spot,” she added.

Also Read: 3 year old girl sexually assaulted in West Bengal, 7 needles inserted in her body

When Chitra, who was waiting downstairs , saw blood dripping from her sister’s dupatta, she started shouting for help. “I didn’t know what to do. When I started shouting for help, a passer-by called the police.” Officers reached and called the 108 ambulance service and rushed Kajal to M T Agrawal Hospital,” Chitra said.

Meanwhile, the Bhandup police have lodged an FIR against Gaikwad under IPC sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 326 (voluntarily causing grievous injury). He is still on the run.