Reliance Industry Limited’s Chairman Mukesh Ambani took the country by a storm by launching the country’s most mobile network- Reliance Jio.
In a press conference on Thursday, Mr Ambani shared that the network crossed the 50 million subscriber mark within 83 days of its launch, becoming the fastest-growing technology company, not only in India, but in the world.
He said that the network grew faster than Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype while adding that the company has successfully rolled out eKYC across 2 lakh outlets across India, which is nearly equal to the total number of ATMs in the country.
Here are five major announcements made by the Reliance Industry Limited’s Chairman:
1. Reliance Jio now fully supports Mobile Numer Portability and all customers can migrate to Jio while retaining their existing number. The feature will be available in top 100 cities by December 31, 2016.
2. As a part of Jio New Year Offer, all new Jio user will get the full bouquet of Jio apps absolutely free till March 31, 2017. This includes services like data, voice and video.
3. All the existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till March 31, 2017.
4. As part of Jio New Year Offer, customers will also get 30 times the average usage on other networks free till March 31, 2017.
5. Jio Money Merchant Solutions will be launched on December 5, 2016. The service will enable nearly 10 million merchants to carry out digital transactions.