The Jat agitation which was to be started across Delhi-NCR region on March 19, has been deferred. Leaders of the community deferred the protest when the government agreed to their demands. Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar addresses media on Jat agitation. He said, ‘government had to come to a conclusion on this.’

CM Khattar said, ‘Jat reservation process at centre will begin after appointment of chairman & members of National Commission for Backward Classes’.

Apart from the reservation, the Jats demanded jobs to the next of kin of those killed in violence in the agitation last year, compensation to those injured, withdrawal of cases against them and action against officers who ordered action against the Jats.

Violence during the Jat agitation, in February 2016, claimed the lives of 30 people and injured around 200 people. Government and private property worth hundreds of crores of rupees was damaged.